Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New PPS Logo is Born!

  
Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about a Painted Pony Shop logo.   I usually use my green horse painting, "Connection", but I really wanted to come up with something a little more whimsical & loose, with clean lines that could easily be transferred to a business card or brochure.  My objectives are to convey a natural, yet playful feeling, that looks professional and crisp.  I took a road trip to Connecticut, to see family, an on the way back, I spent most of the six-hour drive sketching out some ideas.  I had a few different layouts, but the one that really stood out to me was this:


 
Original Sketch

 When I got home, I transferred it to my computer, cleaned up the edges, stylized it a little, overlaid it with color, and added my shop name.  I disconnected a lot of the lines, and varied the thickness of the strokes, so that it would have a more organic, freshly painted feel.  Viola!  The Painted Pony Shop logo was born....after several hours of tiresome trial-and-error, and lots of staring frustratedly at my computer screen, that is.  The logo is still based loosely on my green horse painting, but is a much more business-friendly version.  Any thoughts? 

Final Product!


No comments:

Post a Comment